Imagine being part of a winning team – A team that starts every action with the customer experience and works backward. A team that earns trust with one another through critical thinking and growth velocity. Imagine being surrounded by team members who are curious by nature and dive deep to understand the hows and the whys. At Plooto, we’re making a difference by moving finance forward and enabling SMBs to succeed. We are looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Senior Manager who will help us grow so we can increase our impact to millions of businesses worldwide.
Plooto was formed to solve a really big problem. 82% of all businesses fail due to poor management of finances and cashflow. Most businesses in North America manage their financial operations with manual, counterintuitive, and antiquated solutions. Our founders experienced this pain firsthand at their previous company and set to solve this problem so more entrepreneurs could succeed. Our vision is to enable the advancement of SMBs, by developing the tools & insights they need to manage & maximize their cash flow. We aim to automate complex financial processes by building a complete cashflow management platform that unifies payments, processes, control, reconciliation, and reporting.
Plooto’s multi-platform product is trusted by over 4,500 SMBs and their finance teams. Our growing Plooto Network with over 120K businesses, enables our customers to discover and transact with any vendor, supplier, or biller in North America. For more information, please visit PLOOTO.COM
Plooto is seeking an experienced FP&A leader to join our growing team. You will work closely with our Director of Finance and the rest of the management team to ensure we build on our FP&A processes and take them to the next level. We are a high performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. This is a chance to step in and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence. If you believe you can “win” then we want you to apply!
- Manage and constantly improve a robust and scalable 3-year financial model, including the annual budget, monthly variance analysis, and quarterly rolling forecast by owning the process of coordination between the different teams and developing a deep knowledge of revenue, cost, and balance sheet levers
- Track key SaaS metrics and collaborate weekly with other teams to analyze financial and operational KPIs; benchmark those metrics and relay gaps
- Use all the above to provide insights to management and other teams that lead to propelling revenue growth and cost reduction, becoming a key member of the Finance team and the company overall, a go-to-person for insights that drive sustainable scale
- Create cross-functional value by assisting the Director of Finance and other teams with the strategic and financial analysis to make/validate major business decisions including those relating to investment, budget allocation, capital structure, pricing, gross margins, unit economics, and sales and marketing spend
- Assist the Product team with evaluating new product opportunities and measuring the financial performance of new releases
- Contribute content (personal and/or to the Plooto Blog) when it comes to topics such as forecasting, SaaS metrics, cash management, etc.
Other duties as assigned
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF YOU….
- Believe in meritocracy and are comfortable having open fact-based conversations
- Demonstrate passion – you are a person who is addicted to winning and despise losing
- Move with purpose and insist on the highest standards
- Have the ability to act independently and switch rapidly between different tasks
- Are curious by nature and dive deep to understand the Hows and Whys
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with various team members
- Have effective communication skills (verbal, writing, and presentation) and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple & easy-to-understand way
- Can work independently without being told what to do; ask for guidance when needed
- Don’t cut corners; does what is right and uses their own judgment in a sound manner
- Are open to change, strives to put new ideas on the table
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-10 years in a Finance role, including years of experience in an FP&A or similar capacity
- Strong financial modeling and Excel skills
- Experienced in at least one of these areas: payments, SaaS, subscription-based pricing, startup
- Ability to translate strategic insights, initiatives, and projects into a financial forecast
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting
- Well Organized with the ability to prioritize and follow-up
- Dependable and trustworthy when it comes to helping the Finance team and the company as a whole meet its objectives
Remuneration commensurate with potential, experience, and skills. We offer great growth potential, industry competitive salary, and stock options based on results.
Plooto is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Plooto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.