Imagine being part of a winning team – A team that starts every action with the customer experience and works backward. A team that earns trust with one another through critical thinking and growth velocity. Imagine being surrounded by team members who are curious by nature and dive deep to understand the hows and the whys. At Plooto, we’re making a difference by moving finance forward and enabling SMBs to succeed. We are looking for a Data Leader - Sales & Marketing so we can increase our impact on millions of businesses worldwide.
Plooto was formed to solve a really big problem. 82% of all businesses fail due to poor management of finances and cashflow. Most businesses in North America manage their financial operations with manual, counterintuitive, and antiquated solutions. Our founders experienced this pain firsthand at their previous company and set to solve this problem so more entrepreneurs could succeed. Our vision is to enable the advancement of SMBs, by developing the tools & insights they need to manage & maximize their cash flow. We aim to automate complex financial processes by building a complete cashflow management platform that unifies payments, processes, control, reconciliation, and reporting.
Plooto’s multi-platform product is trusted by over 4,500 SMBs and their finance teams. Our growing Plooto Network with over 120K businesses, enables our customers to discover and transact with any vendor, supplier, or biller in North America. For more information, please visit PLOOTO.COM
Plooto is seeking a Data Leader - Sales & Marketing with 3+ years of experience to join our growing team. In this role, you will report to our Head of Data and work with both our Sales and Marketing teams to ensure our strategy is closely aligned to the tactics we need to drive success. We are a high performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. This is a chance to join Plooto and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence. If you believe you can “win” then we want you to apply!
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our business OKRs, KPIs, and more tactical goals
- Be a strategic partner to Sales and Marketing teams with reporting needs (reactive) while flagging trends that lead to revenue opportunities (proactive)
- Be the go-to Owner for all Sales and Marketing related data type questions; respond to data related inquiries in real-time to support both business and technical teams
- Understand the business impact of your work and clearly measure and present it
- Create and maintain clear, appealing, and interactive visualizations in PowerBI through data interpretation and analysis, integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Create, implement, and clearly communicate data solutions, tools, processes, and capabilities that enable self-serve frameworks for data consumers
- Develop and maintain our data ingestion tools and processes with a scalability mindset
- Contribute to further instilling a data-driven culture across the organization
Other duties as assigned.
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF YOU...
- Believe in meritocracy and are comfortable having open fact-based conversations
- Are ready and willing to be both hands-on and heads-down with an attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Demonstrate passion – you are a person who is addicted to winning and despise losing
- Move with purpose and insist on the highest standards
- Have experience in the scrappy, fast-paced world of start-ups and scale-ups
- Are a self-starter, results-oriented, well-organized, and sweat the small details
- Are data-driven, curious by nature, and dive deep to understand the Hows and Whys
- Promote diversity and inclusion
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert level understanding of sales and marketing funnel and metrics in the context of a SaaS Startup
- Strong grasp of HubSpot/Salesforce and other sales and marketing tools and how they integrate with one another
- Expert knowledge and experience with SQL
- Experienced with business reporting tools such as PowerBI
- Education in either marketing, statistics or math; engineering (software dev) is a plus
- Ability to act independently and switch rapidly between different tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills (verbal, writing and presentation) and ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple and easy-to-understand way
- Strong work ethic and a high level of analytical capabilities, problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with various team members, including those without a technical background
- Patience to uncover root causes and iterate over solutions; speed in balancing the technical complexity with the delivery of outputs
- Does not cut corners; does what is right and uses own judgment in a sound manner
- Open to change, strives to put new ideas on the table
Remuneration commensurate with potential, experience, and skills. We offer great growth potential, industry competitive salary, and stock options based on results.
Plooto is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Plooto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.